The Friends of the Devonshire Park Theatre has more than 1,100 dedicated and enthusiastic supporters who enjoy the theatre, are keen to help it and want to ensure that the Devonshire Park Theatre remains a part of our local community.
Current benefits of being a Friend include:
- Price concessions – normally 25% – on the first night (sometimes first two nights) on most shows at the Devonshire Park Theatre.
- Meeting the cast on first nights at ‘after show’ bar receptions.
- Participating in a variety of social events, including dinners, lunches, quizzes and talks.
- A magazine – Park Scene – produced four times a year which includes information on all the events and activities in our programme as well as articles of interest.
- A dedicated website and Facebook page.
In return, you have the opportunity to:
- become more involved with the DPT by joining our Stewards who assist the theatre’s staff at every performance;
- become part of the team of Friends who provide an Audio Description service to our visually impaired (VIPS) patrons;
- get involved and help with our fundraising and promotional activities;
- assist in DIY (mainly decorating) projects around the Theatre.
- You can be involved in as little or as much as you like – but most importantly enjoy your membership!